Sunday, February 10, 2013

Vintage Valentine

   Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I don't know about you but I hated Valentine's day for many years. It's hard to hate it now that I have someone but those many years that either I was alone or the person I was with made the day miserable it was hard to find the Halmark holiday enjoyable. However, if you take away all the expectations of this made up holiday and just do something enjoyable it turns out to be a fun day. Plus, it means I get to dress up. This dress, I found last year from some girls who sell vintage clothes at a fair I used to sell at once a month. I'm super excited cause Daniel is going to take me to Beautiful Creatures for Valentine's Day and I can't wait!!!! Well, except for the fact for that I am super sick. So I hope that I won't be sick for tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day and just remember to have no expectations. It's just another day when it comes down to it.







Dress - Vintage
Belt - I believe came off another dress 
Shoes- Mossimo from Target
Socks - Forever 21
Necklace - My own making but I sell one like it on Etsy
https://www.etsy.com/listing/121567021/once-upon-a-time-necklace-wedding

3 comments:

  1. I love this dress!!! Its so perfectly romantic, yet not too cliche for valentines!

    I have mixed feelings about Valentines Day, I used to always be single, which I didn't mind terribly because I always had other single friends to go out with, but then once you're with someone it turns out to be a whole competition with your friends/coworkers about whose boyfriend is the best valentines day participant. So stupid!

    xx
    Sophisticated Lace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks : )

      Yeah I see that a lot too with friends and coworkers sometimes I don't even know if they do it deliberately but usually the day after it's a lot of 'oh look what my boyfriend/husband did.' I usually don't pay attention to it and don't tell other people what my boyfriend and I did to show off. It was our time and I know it was special to me and that is all that matters.

      Delete
  2. Normally I hate pink fruffly dresses but this one is wonderful

    ReplyDelete